If you are on a budget but don’t know what gear to go for then just take a look at our recommendations. These are the most basic things you need to get yourself out there.
- Full HD 1080p video that's faster, smoother and works on more computers. Skype in Full HD 1080p Get breathtaking Full HD 1080p video calls on Skype for the sharpest video-calling experience. Smoother. Sharper. Richer. Clearer. Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology. It's what makes a Logitech webcam better.
- Logitech partnered with Skype(TM) to deliver high-definition 1080p resolution with the C920 webcam
- Record videos in widescreen Full HD 1080p at 30 frames per second
- The same H.264 encoded compression that enables high-definition video calls with Skype, also lets you capture great videos
- Smooth video quality, rich colors and clear sound in real-world environments are produced by Logitech Fluid Crystal technology
- 【Adjustable Brightness & Color】LED ring light has 3 light colors - warm, warm white, white. Each lighting mode has 10 different brightness. Color temperature is adjustable from 3200K (Warm) - 5600K (Cool). The bright colors can create a unique atmosphere and meet your various needs.
- 【Compact Ring Light with Mounting Clamp】6.3 inch compact design with an anti-scratch mounting clamp (Max Mouth Opening Size:3.5 cm) allows this ring light to be mounted on your desk, laptop, chair, bed, conference table, even your PC monitor, laptop and anywhere you desire with strong stability. The weighted metal clamp will keep your LED ring light in balance even just place simply on the table for using.
- 【Stability and Durability】The stand light frame is made of aluminum and the clip is made of metal, which is strong against heavy work and prevents deformation. 360°rotation ball head allows you the adjust the video light angle, providing a proper position lighting. LED ring lights that are active in various scenes such as live internet broadcasting, web conferencing, telework, video calls, self-portraits, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc!
- 【USB Powered】Can be used in combination with laptop computers, PC, mobile batteries, USB chargers, and various USB interfaces. You can control the power on/off and switch to your favorite lighting mode. The length of the power cord is up to 200CM
- 【Video conference lighting for remote working】This video conference lighting for laptop helps in Video Conference Remote Working, Zoom Calls and remote education. Try it without risk! If there is a quality problem with your LED ring light, we offer a 3 month warranty and a 30 day unconditional return policy.
Alternative Choice for Lights
What I like about these lights is that they come with convenient low profile desk clamps. This is much better than having stands in the room which take up a lot of floor space, and so I can keep this attached to my work desk permanently for podcasting, Zoom and video recording.
I also like that we can detach these lights and operate them on battery power, meaning you can use them on location or elsewhere in your house without having to plug them in and run wires all over the place.
Lastly I like them because they are adjustable in color temperature, so I can get the warmth or color neutrality I want..
First Choice For Microphone
The all-new PodMic is a broadcast-grade dynamic microphone designed for podcast applications. It features a built-in pop filter and a rich, even sound it will give your voice a silky, professional quality.
At Polymash this microphone is our choice for "budget" only because it is so affordable. Really the quality of this mic places it into mid-range to higher end microphones, and the fact that it has a pop filter and shock mount built in are a great plus as well as a money saver.
The internal shock mount and pop filter work very well, here is what Rode has to say about that:
Does the PodMic need a shock mount and pop filter?
- Due to the design of the swing mount, the PodMic cannot be attached to an external shock mount.
- However, the PodMic’s capsule is internally suspended and the swing mount is internally decoupled from the body, so you do not need to use a shock mount. There's also an in-built pop filter, so you do not need to use a windshield.
Alternative Choice For Microphone
Often recommended by our fellow podcasters, these microphones are our former pick, and still a great starter choice.
Most importantly, they are Dynamic mics. This means they reject background noise and are perfect for studio that are not sound-proofed. They need to be quite close to the speaker's mouth, as is true with all dynamic microphones. Therefore they require mounting on a boom arm. I also recommend using a shock mount as this improves sound quality and eliminates desk banging noises.
- These come with XLR audio cables long enough for a 2 person interview setup
- They also include a desk stand, which we will likely NOT use, but is handy for mounting the Zoom H6 recorder.
- These can be plugged directly into a computer with the USB port, and plugged into the Zoom recorder using the XLR cables.
- However, for much improved quality I would recommend using these with XLR cables and a good USB pre-amp to connect to your Mac or PC.
Heavy Duty Mic Arm Microphone Stand Suspension Scissor Boom Stands with Mic Clip and Cable Ties.
This Boom arm is necessary when using any dynamic microphone so that the podcast hosts and guests can be comfortably seated and position the microphone close to their mouth. These boom arms are longer than most budget arms and therefore have a greater reach. They also have better construction overall and are easier to clean than models with external springs.
I consider these to be mid-range investments. They are better than most base models, but still far inferior when compared to the market leading HEIL stand in the premium package.
USB Audio Interface
An audio interface converts microphone signals into a format that your computer can recognize which results in higher audio quality.